Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Christmas Cards Started

Good Tuesday evening - I got a little time to create last night - dug out a paper collection from last year - love this color combination - the card was put together with pieces left over from projects. The card is based on this week's sketch at Card Positioning Systems. I love layers so this sketch really worked for me. Tonight I also tried to take closeup pictures of the snowflake and the bow. Let me know if you enjoy them. I added some snowflake rub ons to the aqua die cut.


The snowflake is a Sizzix die - the snowflake was cut out of chipboard and painted on both sides with acrylic paint - while the paint was still wet - I sprinkled fine glitter over the top. I added the white snowflake on top and then a touch of bling - the bling was the finishing touch. The cherry on top.
Here is a close up of the bow. Made the loops and tied wire around the middle to put it together. I seem to have so much better control of my bow when I do it this way. Added a foam snowflake to the center of the bow.

Paper - K & Company
Ribbon - Dollar bin at Michael's
Sentiment rub on - Making Memories
Glitter - Stampendous
White snowflake - Hobby Lobby
Bling - Darice
Snowflake Die Cut - Sizzix
Stampin Up other die cut

No comments: