Sunday, March 9, 2008

Sunday Evening - Woe is Me


Sunday evening - why do we have to work - oh yes I remember now - it is so I can eat, have a roof over my head and be warm and most important - be able to buy more paper and all the good "stuff" that goes with it. Isn't "Stuff" a great word. It encompasses everything.
The week end - of course - is too short - I went to see my mom. It is a two hour drive - I just went up for the day and came back late afternoon. She does very well for someone who is 89 years old. She has survived the winter by doing lots of embroidery. She worked on one project that I was back at Hobby Lobby 2 times for more pink embroidery floss. She finally got the quilt top all embroidered and I laid it out and basted it together so she could now start quilting it.
I have played with paper today. This time change will make it hard to get up tomorrow morning because I don't feel like it is time for me to get ready for bed. In fact I just started my laundry.
This was a card I did not really like too well - but it has grown on me. I could find no brown to match the ink.
Paper - just paper I had in my pink/brown stash.
Stamp - Studio G
Ink - I honestly don't remember - I was trying all my browns.
Embossing folder for Cuddlebug - Swiss Dot
Inked the top of the dots so it stood out like real Swiss dot fabric
Somebunny will like it I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute bunny!! And good for your mom! I hope I can do that well when I'm 89!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little bunny, I love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I just can't believe the snow!! Yikes! Would love to see your Mom's embroidery/quilt project. I've been doing both lately, too. Stay warm. I'm crossing my fingers for some 6 ft tulips for you!
Anna