Friday, February 16, 2024

Text Me a Christmas Wish

I have recently been playing with old book pages and trying my hand at doodling.  

The current challenge at Jingle Belles is TEXT.   

I first added a layer of gesso on the page page.  I tried doing the doodle by watercoloring first and then adding the black lines or adding the black lined doodle and then painting with the watercolors. Gold splatters and a red mat finished the card front.  It was added to a kraft card base. 

I asked my card making group on Facebook if they would like receiving a card like this and they said yes - so it is on my list to make a few of these to mail in December 2024.  They are flat also which helps with the mailing cost.  

Thanks for stopping by.  

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is gorgeous, Barbara, Jo x

SmilynStef said...

Everyone would be thrilled to receive a card that lovely in the mail ... I love the effect of the gesso and your drawing is amazing ... so very glad you got TEXT-y with us at Jingle Belles.

Tracyfp said...

Very pretty~ love a doodle always and the effect of the gesso on the text

lauren bergold said...

oh wow YES, this is a beautiful card that anyone would adore receiving; and I had no idea the gorgeous holly was your doodle and not a stamp! So happy you could join our celebration of text at Jingle Belles! ♥