Thursday, August 4, 2022

Happy Little Stamper's August Christmas Challenge

It is time for a new Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stamper's to help you have some cards already made by December when you need to get them in the mail.

The challenge is always Anything Goes with an option - this month the option is flowers.  


There are many wonderful Christmas floral stamps, stencils and patterned paper. I am choosing to focus on patterned paper.  If you go through your supply of Christmas papers you will find many papers with beautiful floral images - the most popular being the poinsettia.  

The paper I used comes from a 6 x 6 pad that is several years old.  It has beautiful shades of purple, white, grey and silver.  The pad also comes with greetings and tags which I used for my sentiments on the front of my cards and also to finish the inside.  Everything is coordinated.  I am sorry I can't find the pad currently (it is hiding from me) but I do know it is an Australian company.

On this card I fussy cut out the flowers on the paper.  I did add color to the flowers to give a more purple definition to the flower as I built the layers.  I die cut a circle for the flower to sit on and added the flower, sentiment and some sequins.  It was an easy card to assemble although the fussy cutting does take time.


On this card, I also fussy cut the poinsettia layers out of the patterned paper and layered them together.  I then added the flower and sentiment to a scalloped rectangle of the same floral paper.  I added silver sparkly enamel dots to the center of the flowers.  


Please join us at Happy Little Stamper's for our August Christmas Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

That paper is gorgeous and so perfect for fussy cutting and layering, I love the non-traditional colour, each year the colour is gaining followers.

Alyson Mayo said...

That paper is beautiful and the poinsettia is just gorgeous! Love non-traditional colours for Christmas!

JulieP said...

How wonderful! Love the textures and the non traditional feel to your design.