Monday, July 4, 2022

July Happy Little Stamper's Christmas Challenge

We are getting closer to the Christmas holiday and you need to start making those Christmas cards.  What better way to get started on your Christmas cards than to join the wonderful monthly challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  

The challenge at Happy Little Stampers is always Anything Goes but you do have an optional choice if you want to challenge yourself.  This month the optional choice is Gold.  There are so many ways gold can be used in your Christmas cards.



For my Christmas card, I got out my Tim Holtz Christmas stuff to make a card.  I could make an entire year's worth of cards using these supplies.  I chose different pieces of ephemera to make my card.  

I started with a kraft card base and added a layer of patterned paper which had been distressed on the edges.  Another piece of patterned paper was added across the middle of the card.  On top of the patterned papers I added a piece of recycled packaging from my Tim Holtz supplies.  I added gesso around the edge to add some texture and depth to the background.  I also added some gold gesso.  I love this gesso when I remember to use it.  

The focal point is a wreath with a vintage Santa in the middle.  I started tucking different pieces of the ephemera around and behind the focal point until I found an arrangement I liked.  I glued these layers down.  I added foam tape to the back of the focal point and before adhering it to the background, I added a tangle of gold thread.  A sentiment was added at the bottom of the card front.

The card was completed with gold splatters.  


Here is a close up of the focal point.


Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our July Christmas Challenge.  Get out your gold and go to town and create a beautiful card you can share with us.  

Thank you for stopping by.  

No comments: