Friday, April 30, 2021

May Happy Little Stamper's Watercolor Challenge

 It is time for the May Watercolor Challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  

Our watercolor challenge is one of the best because it is "anything goes".


I made a slimline card for the May Watercolor Challenge.  This is a new stamp from Unity Stamp Company.  I stamped the image with black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.   The entire image was colored with one container of Brusho.  The color of Brusho was Sea Green.  

I sprinkled very small amounts of Sea Green Brusho on the image in different areas.  I spritzed with water and then moved the color around.  If I needed extra color, I would sprinkle on some more of the Brusho.  I would just lift the extra color with my brush if the color was too deep.  You can see all the different levels of color I achieved from Sea Green Brusho.  I die cut the sentiment from several layers of black card stock and glued together for some depth.  To finish the card it was mounted onto a black card base and clear glass baubles were glued to the card front.  


Here is a close up of one of the flowers and all the different shades of color I achieved from one container of Brusho.


Here is a close up of some of the baubles.

Please join us at Happy Little Stampers for our May Watercolor Challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty! You coaxed magic out of your Brusho powder!

The Dream Pages said...

Such a pretty card. . Its looking like stained glass. .

Ashwini Rao said...

Love the Brushos for the different effects we can achieve! Your card looks so awesome, with so many shades of the same color! You've made fantastic use of the Brushos!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great make hun, I love the colour you have used. Never heard of Brushos before...off to have a looksie
Stay Safe
Hugs Shell xx

Helen said...

Wow! What a wonderfully eye-catching card, Barb! I love hte colour combinations!! Love it!! Stay safe! :)

Sue - said...

Beautiful! Love Brushos.