Saturday, February 23, 2019

Home - Playing With New Toys

I am in between winter trips and wanted to play with some of my new supplies.

I checked out the new sketch on Freshly Made Sketches for my inspiration. 

 My friend gifted me with a set of brushos so I made some backgrounds with them on watercolor paper.  I then stamped a new stamp I had from The Stamp Market.  You can see it in the bottom strip on the card along with the brusho background.

I took a piece of Bristol Smooth card stock and colored it with distress oxide inks.  It gives the background a light tint of color.  I heat embossed the large thank you sentiment on the front.  This is also a new stamp from The Stamp Market. 

I took a piece of card stock, swiped VersaMark ink along the edge and heat embossed it with the same embossing powder as my sentiment.  I used a small strip of this paper to break up the embossed top of the card and the brusho background.  I did the same thing to a larger piece of paper to make a coordinating mat.  After I was done with all of this, I mixed up some brushos and splattered it across the front of my card.


I am also placing this on the challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More where the challenge is Clean and Simple.  This is my attempt at clean and simple.


Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That bold sentiment is great! Love the added sparkle! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! Love the big, bold sentiment and the fabulous background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the intense color from the brushos! Great balance with the big, bold sentiment - thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

foleysfriend said...

I love the brusho background you created for the bottom part of the card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More! - CAS version.

sue n.