Sunday, June 3, 2018

Happy Birthday Celebrations

I am working on some cards for a military box a friend is doing for  a troop from Minnesota.  She helped me when I did a box for a Wisconsin troop in March. 

I made a couple birthday cards with this same design.


The stamp for the flower is from Gina K Designs.  I watercolored it with distress oxide inks.  I first laid water into each flower and then came in with distress oxide ink.  I did this on all the petals, dried it and came back in with another layer of color just concentrating the color in the center of each flower.  I had made a background with just a little color on it by using the same color of oxide ink with lots of water added to it to give a hint of color in the background.  I then heat embossed the flower and sentiment on the front.

AAA Cards is celebrating four years of being a challenge blog.  Happy birthday to them.  I am entering my card in their challenge.


The monthly watercolor challenge for June at Happy Little Stampers is Anything Goes with the optional twist of smile.  I know I would smile when I opened the envelope and saw this birthday greeting inside.


The challenge at CAS on Sunday is embossing.  I first stamped my image and sentiment with Black Onyx VersaFine Ink and then used clear embossing powder over the top.  I never could get the hang of using black embossing powder so this is how I do my black embossing.

Thanks for stopping by. 

5 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful blooms, love the blues. Thanks for linking up and joining in with AAA Cards birthday celebrations!

Ina G said...

Gorgeous blue hydrangeas here Barb. A really lovely CAS card. Thanks for joining us at HLS this month.

Craft-E-Place said...

Great colour choice for these beautiful flowers. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards

Tracie Pond said...

Love the look of watercolor with distress oxides. Great job. Thank you for playing with AAA Cards for our 4th birthday challenge. =) Tracie

Kelly Szafron said...

Lovely watercoloured hydrangea. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.