Monday, November 6, 2017

Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media November Challenge

Hard to believe it is November and time for another Mixed Media challenge.  Time is flying.  How did I manage so many things when I worked full time - retirement keeps me so busy - so wonderfully busy.

The Mixed Media Challenge at Happy Little Stampers for November is Tags


My tag is on a holiday card.  This card will go to someone very special because it took me a long time to think it through and finally finish it.  

Here is my card.



Here is the tag that is the focal point of my card.  The large snowflakes used on the project are from another card project I was working on where I needed the negative space of the card.  I had many snowflakes left over.  For the tag, I glued two layers of the snowflakes together to make it more sturdy.  The Joy was cut on my Silhouette also and it is two layers. 

I clear heat embossed the little dots on the tag.  The tag was then colored with several colors of distress ink.  The Joy was colored with distress inks, distress oxide inks and then a layer of Dina Wakely red acrylic paint.  I was not getting the color red I wanted.  I still don't know if I got the color of red I wanted.  I cut a strip of glitter paper and added to the bottom of the tag. 


Here is a close up of the upper left corner of the card.  You can see the layers of snowflakes under the tag.  A glitter enamel dot decorated the center of the snowflake.  The bow is seam binding.  Of course I had to wet it and squish it to get wrinkles.  It is tied with some silver cord.


Here is the lower right corner.  You can just see that a strip of glitter paper was put across the front of the card.  You see very little of it on the card.  I decided I needed to have a little more red on the card for some balance.  I cut a little berry branch with my Silhouette and colored it with the red acrylic paint.  A leaf spray was die cut out of  the glitter paper and added to the corner arrangement.


Lots of Stickles were used on the snowflakes to make them sparkle. 

Please come join us at Happy Little Stampers and make a mixed media tag project.

1 comment:

Jannet said...

Just beautiful, there is so much to see and enjoy here, love all of the layers.