Thursday, September 14, 2017

Clean and Simple Happy Birthday Cupcake

I have been working on some cards for a couple boxes for charity.  I wanted to do some birthday cards and this is what I was inspired to create.

I started with a digital image and sized it so I could 4 on an 8.5 x 11 sheet.  I then cut these images out with a rectangle stitched die.  I then printed the same images on printed card stock and fussy cut them out.  I sued distress ink to color around the cupcake.  Dry embossed a white panel to pop the cupcake panel on.  I matted the white panel with turquoise paper to match the sentiment.  This could very well be an oldie moldie monday post because this is an old digital image, old sentiment stamp and old patterned paper.  But, as I always say, your old supplies still make beautiful cards.



I am entering this in the following challenges.

   Addicted to Stamps where the challenge is Clean and Simple. 



CASology where the challenge is Cake.


Wednesday Simon Says Stamp where the challenge is Clean and Simple.

Shop Your Stash where the challenge is Emboss Like A Boss.  I dry embossed my white embossing mat and heat embossed my sentiment.

Tuesday Throwdown where the challenge is Happy Birthday.

Whew I have not done that many challenges in such a long time.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

So yummy and sweet, love that cupcake! Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

Mimi said...

Oh, I love this bright and fun birthday card! That embossed panel adds the perfect touch! Thank you for sharing at SOS this week. 😃

Anna Uhras said...

This is so yummy and colorful! Awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CASology! Anna xo

Donna said...

Some of the oldest stuff in my craft stash will always be my go to!
Thanks for embossing like a boss with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Debi said...

Adorable birthday card. Love the patterned paper cupcake. Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown Challenge. Good luck. Debi DT

Judy1223 said...

Wow, way to hit so many challenges with one card! I love this sweet cupcake and the dry embossing, and that Paper Smooches sentiment is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Monika Reeck said...

hmm yummy cupcake and lovely colors
sweet card
Many thanks for joining our challenge at ATSM this time
hugs
Monika

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Oh so yummy and colourful. So happy you could join in the CASology challenge this week.