Saturday, January 2, 2016

Favorite Cards from 2015

I consider myself a card maker and have started to dabble some in Mixed Media.  I did share my favorite Mixed Media projects on Thursday.  Today will be my favorite "normal" cards.



I had to include at least one masculine card.  It was fun to make with all the blues and greens.  The recipient really enjoyed it.


This card used backgrounds I had made with distress inks.  I believe I may have put it on a piece of acetate and squished it on the paper.  I hand dyed the ribbon with distress inks.  The flower is a stamp with coordinating stencil.


This was a birthday card for my oldest daughter.  She did not even get to see it.  She brought it in from the mailbox, laid it on the table and her dog Axl ate it.  Axl loves to eat my handmade creations. I love layers of papers.


This card has painted paper as the base for the card.  The flowers were heat embossed with white embossing powder.  The bow was made from fabric.  I love to make fabric bows.


This Halloween card uses a fabric panel as the focal point.  I love how I added the wiggle eye to the house.  Lots of layers and a pretty bow.


Penny Black stickers are a great way to make cards.  The images are so beautiful and the colors are wonderful.  I used another great bow.  This card the sticker panel is taller than the base of the card.  It was still an A2 card.


In January I sent this card to friends living in warm places.  It made them giggle.  The stamp is from Whipper Snapper stamps - a local Wisconsin stamp company.


I have been enjoying the Tim Holtz crazy birds.  If you look through my blog you will see many cards made with these birds.  I especially loved the non traditional colors for a Christmas card.  The background was done with inks.


This is another non traditional Christmas card.  The background was made with squishing ink on acetate and paper.  The elements on the card front were heat embossed in silver.  The stamp set is from Hero Arts.


I love the vintage feel of this Christmas card.  The white background is book pages with gesso on them.  The sentiment is embossed in gold.  The poinsettia is from my stash - it was very well aged.  I used a gold spray over the top of the card front when it was done.  A simple twine bow finished the card.


I just love everything about this card.  I used washi tape, embossing, ink to make the background.  This may qualify as mixed media but we will gloss over that.

There are some of my favorites from 2015.  I hope I can be this creative in 2016.  With being retired, you would think I would be able to do lots of creating.  We will see.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Great group of card...I remember a few of those esp the golf one. Thanks for sharing!