Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Flowers of Summer

I have been playing with my gelatos, gesso and distress paints,  I saw a card similar to this on Pinterest and unfortunately I do not know who did it originally.  I loved the design so tried my best to come up with a card that was somewhat similar.


Here are a couple close ups of the flowers and the bow.


The flowers are colored with distress markers and made out of gessoed book pages.  I cut wonky circles in different sizes and layered them.  The smaller flowers have two sizes and the larger flower has three sizes of wonky circles.  


The bow was colored with distress ink.

I am going to enter this card in the challenge on Mixed Media Monthly challenge Summer Days.  What is more summer than bright colored flowers.


Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Donna B. said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how you painted on the burlap and how much texture it added. Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

SewPaperPaint said...

I just adore this card! Every single color and texture! LOVE!

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh just love that lovely bow!! Really fabulous project and just perfect for our theme at Mixed Media Monthly! Thanks so much for adding it t our challenge!