Sunday, May 10, 2015

ATC Card with Polka Dots

I get to putz a little today plus I have lots to get done also around the house - but you do understand that putzing is so much more fun and good for the soul.  I am playing along with Wicked Wednesday's ATC challenge which is polka dots.  


The base of the ATC is some background paper I made using distress inks and stencils.  It is a very subtle background.  The colors are some pink, turquoise/teal and purple.  I stamped the birds with distress ink and VersaMark and clear emboxxed them.  The word is a rub on.  What to use for polka dots and there sitting on a design table were these shiny dots in all the colors so those are the start of the polka dots.  I also added a couple purple pearls for more color and depth.  I added some stitch rub ons, doodled a little and added more polka dots (somewhat irregular) through a stencil with distress ink.  I then doodled a little circle in the middle of some to bring in a little more black on the ATC.  I backed it with some dark purple card stock.

It was fun to create something fun.  I now need to make a sympathy card.  I hate making those - I should just have some already made.

Happy Mother's Day to all.  I will celebrate next week end with my daughters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great ATC and perfect Polka Dots
Thank you for joining us at Wicked Wednesday
Hugs Tamesis (GD)

Nikki W said...

Gorgeous. Love your colors and layers, especially your shiny polka dots :) Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)