Sunday, April 12, 2015

Creativity - Mixed Media Canvas

The monthly challenge on the Faber Castell blog by Mou is CREATIVITY. How are you creative, your favorite creativity quote, is creativity your life style or just a hobby... whatever it means to you, create a project around the idea of creativity.

Being creative is such a wonderful part of my life.  It brings some beauty to each day that I am able to create.  It eases some of the hardness of the day or makes a good day even better.  But everyone will tell you I work in a mess.  A horrible mess so I thought this quote was quite appropriate for me.

Creativity is messy and I am very creative.  


This is a 5 x 7 canvas that I gessoed.  I added several shades of paint on top of the gesso.  I took the Tim Holtz splatter stencil because I thought it looked messy to add the brighter orange color on the back.  I added some blue paint through another stencil.  The flower was cut with my Silhouette.  I needed something to ground my sentiment.  The sentiment was generated on the computer and colored with watered down paint.  I stamped the circles and colored them green.  I added texture paste through a stencil in several locations on the stencil.  On top of the black flower I brushed a layer of Glitter and Bead Gel.  It really sparkles.  

Thanks for stopping by.  I did enjoy my creative therapy this week end.  

No comments: