Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Bloom - Trying My Creative Hand with Mixed Media


I am experimenting in the field of mixed media.  This is an attempt at a flower picture.  I bought  a piece of wood for 25 cents and covered it with paper - the paper cost more than the wood.  Did a wash of different colors over the paper.  I cut my flower out of pieces of an old book and then colored them with different mediums - acrylic paint, gelatos, gesso, etc.  They are adhered to the board with a gel medium.  The center of the flower is string unraveled from canvas put on a circle of painted paper.  The center then has some texture to it.  It was colored in the same ways.  The sentiment was handwritten on the pieces of paper which had gesso and acrylic paint on it.  I am working on my second one of these.

I have no idea what I will do with them but I am having fun.

Enjoy your day.  Our system is down most of the day so I plan on cleaning my office.  Yeah.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Fun art work! Bet this is gorgeous in person.

Paula S. said...

I like it! Looks like fun too. I think sometimes breaking out of a routine is one of the best things you can do to boost creative mojo and mixed-media is so hot these days... Keep it up and have fun!

Conniecrafter said...

that turned out really cool, love the texture you added and great colors, love how the paper cost more than the wood ;)