Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tuesday, March 8, 2011



Good evening - I found this beautiful patterned paper at Hobby Lobby and knew the paper could stand alone on a card. This week Clean and Simple Stamping blog had a simple sketch that I could use this paper on. You were suppose to use a die cut for the sentiment - my sentiment did start as a die cut but I did not like the shape so I did some trimming, rounded a corner or two and that is how my sentiment die cut turned out. I thought the pansies needed some beautiful lace, a bow and a touch of green to bring it all together. I plan on making a couple of these to go into my next Operation Write Home box.

Everyone have a wonderful evening - going to try and make a card tonight using purple (lavendar is a shade of purple right), orange and teal. Come back tomorrow to see if I accomplished it. It will be my third Christmas card for 2011 if it works out.

4 comments:

Ivanka said...

So pretty Barb! Love your take on the sketch.

Cora said...

I like this Barb. I sent some cards with stand alone paper and lace to OWH. It is nice to make some simple cards. I sewed my lace on but that is no big deal.

Conniecrafter said...

that paper is gorgeous, love your lace with it!

Yvonne (stampingpenguin) said...

This is very pretty, Barb! You hit the jackpot with that paper! I like this sketch and have used it once already.
http://penguinpapers.net