Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday - February 21, 2010 Dragonfly Card Drive





I have finally joined the ranks of people who finally feel good. Two weeks with a horrible cold zapped everything out of me - not only was it the cold but I had a reaction to a medicine which contributed to my exhaustion. But I am better - and I got to create and I also got some housework done. Yeah!! All ready for the next snow storm to come through. Boo - hiss.
My first card is based on the weekly sketch at Taylored Expressions - Taylor is also sponsoring the Dragonfly Card Drive which benefits Sanford Medical Center in Sioux Falls, SD - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to support families who have lost a child in the early days of their life. You can read more about the Dragonfly Card Drive at this link. If a card that I have made can comfort a family in their time of loss I am very humbled by the opportunity to make some cards for this worthwhile card drive.
Card 1 -
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey (the patterned paper has dragonflies on it - I just added Stickles to the dragonflies to make them show more more.
Sentiment Stamp - Stampin! Up
Bling - Walmart
Twine - May Arts
Cream Twine - tea dyed
Button - American Crafts
Card 2 and 3
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey
Stamp - Inkadinkado
Ink - Chestnut Roan Colorbox Chalk Ink
Pearls - Prima


4 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow they are all gorgeous, I hope I can do at least half as good!

Taylor said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for taking the time to create these cards for the families at Sanford! I know they will be so grateful!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

These are such beautiful cards! Elegant and touching. :)

Unknown said...

Very pretty and soothing colors!