Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Friends



I get by with a little help from my friends - where would we be without the friends in our life. I saw this quote - and loved the feeling behind it - isn't it great making new friends, sharing time with our friends - new and old.

I have a group of friends I call my "Ya Ya's" - the group bowled together and then after my divorce - I started being their substitute bowler - well we got older - and our bodies got older than our minds - so we stopped bowling but we try to get together at least once a month to spend some quality time catching up on each other's lives, sharing the joys and sorrows.

Through my cardmaking - I have made many online friends also - how strange that you can become friends who you have never met - you just share the joy of a hobby or common interest. I have been very lucky that I have been able to meet some of these online friends in person and spend some wonderful times together.

I hope you have some special friends in your life.

Caardvarks has a challenge to use Kraft paper in your cards - I do love to use Kraft paper - hope you enjoy my version - pop over to their site to see how everyone else used the Kraft paper.

Computer generated sentiment - GoudyOlSt BT and GoudyHandtooled BT, Paper - Basic Grey - Granola; Button - Hot Off the Press; Navy flower - Creative Impressions; base flower - cut with Making Memories Slice - Basics 1

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card...and a beautiful sentiment too! I love the BG granola with the kraft!

SmilynStef said...

Love the look of printing on kraft ... I'll have to try that .. love how you tucked part of your flower behind the sentiment too ... great card ... and great to have good friends!

lauren bergold said...

WOW! ♥love♥ this! love the patterns...the texture...the flowers...and of course the fab sentiment, beautifully typeset!!!

Annie said...

It is indeed a beautiful card and I totally appreciate having received it. I also am hanging my head in shame for not thanking you sooner. Please forgive me. It made my day when I opened it.

Hugs - your late buy grateful friend
Annie