Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cards for Troops


I got an email from Cards Magazine - they are once again doing a call for cards for the troops. We did this last year at Simply Sentiments and I coordinated it - I had a local stamp store that also contributed cards - and I mailed out 70 pounds of cards to a Marine Troop. I was glad to see another call for cards for the troops - plus I did not have to coordinate it - I could make some cards and send them to someone.
If you are interested in sending in cards - here is the address -
CARDS FOR TROOPS
Northridge Media
563 East 770
NorthOrem, UT 84097
Here are some hints from my experience last year -
keep the cards fairly flat for mailing purposes,
include an envelope
if you have a dark card base - make sure you put a light writing surface on the inside
do not use glitter
This is my first card that I am going to do - I can get six cards out of a 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper. sew the stamped layers together, mat on the patterned paper and attach to your card base.
Every one have a wonderful evening. Too bad we have to go back to work tomorrow.

No comments: