Monday, July 7, 2014

CASE Study and Oldie Moldie Monday

It is Monday, time to show some love to your older supplies.  I decided I wanted to make a card for the current CASE Study challenge.  Shari Carroll is the July Muse.  I have always enjoyed Shari's cards and videos.


It immediately made me think of a birthday card with the numbers on it.  Well of course I had no number paper that I could find but as I was photographing some other cards, here was this lonely pad of paper sitting.  Some very old Basic Grey.  I opened it up because I thought I had used it all up and there was the alpha paper.  Instantly I had my background for my card.  The number strip is washi tape.  The "I Love You" stamp is from Paper Smooches and I believe the "Happy Birthday" stamp is Hero Arts.  I added the black dots with a Big Pen and used a stencil.  I used the same basic design as Shari also.


And because there was some more paper, I had to make another card.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.


I have put that pad of Basic Grey to rest - there were a couple sheets left but I put them in the scrap box.  I hope they do not haunt me.  But remember - your older supplies to make lovely creations.  Dig them out, use them up.  Both of my cards will be going in my next Operation Write Home box.

2 comments:

umichka said...

I love the pallete you chose, good job! Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

~amy~ said...

Great cards!
Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!