Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Birthday Card/CASE Study


One of my co-workers is having a birthday at the end of May.  I don't think I have ever made a card for Tamela and she has lunch with me every day.  Pat and I always play Upwards and she is our dictionary when we ask if something is really a word.  Tamela loves Disney World.  She was married at Disney World and our nickname for her is Princess.  I am sure you would have thought eventually - "why is there a crown and the word Princess" on this birthday card.

The card that was featured on CASE Study was my inspiration.  You use the card to kick start your inspiration.  Here is the card.


The different elements that inspired me were the elements behind the words.  I did some coloring of watercolor paper with gelatos.  I then used a stencil and embossing paste to add the chevrons.  The black numbers (numbers are good on a birthday card) are actually from a Christmas paper I had out for a different project.  The sentiments are inspired by the card also.   I colored more paper and added my SRM Stickers to them.  The birthday sentiment is a Penny Black sentiment.  I added the black bling to bring more black accents.  I may have gone overboard on them.

I am also going to enter the card in the SRM Challenge blog.  Their monthly challenge is birthdays.  This is my third entry.  I needed to make lots of birthday cards lately and SRM Stickers are a favorite go to when I am making cards.  

Enjoy your Tuesday.

6 comments:

Anja (scrappie) said...

This is really great love that you also used embossing paste great effect. Thanks for sharing this with case study challenge.

dstandard said...

Cute card - love how you used all those stickers!

Julia said...

So pretty and festive! I love all your texture! Thanks for joining this week's CASE Study challenge.

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the texture of the embossing paste, and all the pretty pink and black!!

Wida said...

Your card, on surface looks CAS, but as I look more and more I see the layers. Love the pink paste.

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! Thanks for playing with us at The SRM Challenge!