Saturday, March 9, 2013

Color Blocking with Acrylic Paints


I have been doing some playing with acrylic paints to make some backgrounds for cards.  This is a card where I just painted strips of paint across watercolor paper and then I had sprayed it with water to get some color to run.  I was very excited when I read the challenge at CAS-ual Friday to do color blocking.  We will call this my version of color blocking.


The flower is cut with my Silhouette and the sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set.  The sentiment was embossed and then I cut it out - a great sentiment for doing that - and then I pop dotted it on the front of the card.  The yellow and orange of the flower are scraps of paper that were also painted with acrylics.

Have fun with your version of color blocking.  Everyone enjoy your Saturday.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the mini-tutorial, Barb. This sounds like fun!

Kelly Griglione said...

Love your version of color blocking, Barb. Very creative, and a treat to look at! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week!

Sylvia Blum said...

Wow, this is super cool! Love how you did the color blocks!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

paperella said...

What a wonderful and creative take on color blocking, Barb! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Lynn said...

I really like this as I have been playing with the idea of using the acrylic paints but wasn't sure how. This is so pretty!