Saturday, February 23, 2013

Just A Note - Hello


I just got some new sentiment stamps from Papertrey Ink and I am loving them - a little bigger than lots of I have and something different and new to play with.  This card is based on the card at the Case Study Challenge Blog.  This is a fun challenge to do because you "case" what you see in the card.  Here is the card that is the "case study" this week.


The card is designed by Teri Anderson.  There are so many things you could take from this card - the design, the colors, the bold sentiment, the three design elements or the twine - I am sure other people may see other things in the card - but that is what I saw.

I chose to "case" the design, the tealish color and the bold sentiment.  I went with the Kraft cardstock.  I can't do a single layer card so I popped a separate panel of kraft which was inked with white around the edges.  I cut four strips of coordinating paper from a 6 x 6 pad from Lawn Fawn.  I made a button from the kraft paper with my Martha Stewart button punch.  I layered three buttons together.  I cut a very thin strip of the coordinating paper and threaded it through the button holes.  I stamped the sentiment in the lower right corner.

This is a lovely easy design to do.  You could use all those little strips of paper you have.

This card will go in my next Operation Write Home box.  I really should make some more - very quick to put together.

Thanks for the inspiration Teri and Case Study.

4 comments:

Aimes said...

Love your strips of DP - what a great take on Teri's card!
Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)
Hugs!
x

Ivanka said...

Great card! I need to play with those sentiments!!

Linda said...

Great job. I am kinda digging the diagonal right now!

Maureen said...

love the strips of paper and all the inking! It really adds dimension to the kraft! THanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)