Sunday, January 27, 2013

Wowsers Two Posts in One Day


I actually started putting together elements for this card last night.  I decided to do the Case Study Challenge blog "challenge" so was working with the kraft colored paper and red that I saw in the case study study.

Here is the case study card.


The red heart and the kraft color and the corrugated paper behind the image panel were what struck me - and then I looked at all the great inspiration from the designers.  I really had fun starting to design the card.  I made all the elements last night, stamped background, heart and "corrugated" strip - remember that tool we all have hiding in a drawer called a crimper - hey it still works.  I used white ink from Papertrey Ink.  The background stamp is from Penny Black.  The heart is cut with my Silhouette - I layered 3 hearts together to make it look more like red chipboard.  So off I went to bed with all these elements sitting on my design table along with a spool of red ribbon.

This morning when I got up I went out and checked out the challenges for Sunday and there - on The Paper Players challenge blog - was the perfect sketch.  I just added a strip of inked kraft paper for the ribbon and added a bow at the bottom.  The sentiment is a great sticker from SRM Stickers.


I think I will make a couple more of these cards - such fun - they look so elegant with that background stamp but so simple to make.

Thanks for stopping by today - now I think I will go do my dishes and then come back and play.  Tomorrow is Oldie Moldie Monday - so I need to make a card with some older supplies - they need some love also.  Hmmm - this sketch may work for the supplies and image I am planning to use.

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty card! I love the pop of color provided by the heart and ribbon! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Robin said...

love the kraft and red combo

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous! Your red heart really stands out again the white and kraft! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week!

Brian King said...

Barb - I love everything about this card. The neutrals are gorgeous and really set off the heart nicely. Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week. Brian

Jen said...

This is great, barb! Love the corrugated panel!

Jeanne J said...

Barb, great take on the challenge! I love that stamped background you created, the corrugated paper and the pop of color from the heart. I think you nailed this!

Ivanka said...

Beautiful card! Love that background and the heart is outstanding! Pretty good for someone who professes to dislike Feb. 14th! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

That heart really pops on the kraft background! Just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)