Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday, January 3, 2011




Good Monday morning – another work week – another new year of work – I am thankful for my job and the good people I work with plus it is a job that is interesting and keeps my mind active and always learning. Of course, then when I come home I can play with paper and be creative – as long as work has not sucked the creative juices out of me – sometimes that happens. I do lots of my creating on the week end – just because it is easier to get on a role.

Today’s is Monday – so that means – it is Oldie Moldie Monday – time to dig into some old paper. This paper is only about a year old – I bought it the summer of 09 – and I know where I bought it – that doesn’t happen often that I remember when and where I bought something. The challenge card on Case Study blog is the inspiration behind this card – the black and pink combination are what spoke to me from this inspiration card. The card is for my daughter’s birthday – she never use to like pink – but I hope she likes the card. Don’t you love the tulle on the card – it is so light and airy for a bow. Doesn’t weigh a card down.

Well I must go and get myself ready for work. Everyone have a great Monday.

Card Details
Size: 5 x 7
Paper: Heidi Swapp
Sticker: SRM Stickers
Pop Dots
Flower – handmade from tulle and tissue paper
Brads: American Crafts

5 comments:

Aimes said...

Well what a fabulous way to use that DP up! Love the bold bird - just fabulous!
Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, this is super pretty! That delicate ribbon/bow is absolutely elegant! Great CASE! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

Paula said...

Very striking pink/black color combo. Beautiful card Barb!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I love it. The houndstooth birdie is ingenious!! Thank you so much for playing along with us! xxx

Miss Magoo said...

What a darling bird! Hope pretty!